Well, now you can see how you did on the quiz that we posted three days ago because here are the answers. 🙂
Just to give you a laugh before you check the answers, our sister heard some college girls talking today and one girl asked, “Is Minneapolis in Chicago?” To which the other girl replied, “I think so…..”.
Number the following events in the correct order, using 1 for the event that happened first, 2 for the event that happened next, etc.
_3_ President Lincoln announced that the United States would use force to bring the rebel states back into the US
_6_ Confederate forces surrendered at Appomattox, Virginia.
_4_ President Lincoln officially declared that all slaves in the Confederacy would be free.
_1_ Seven Southern states, including S. Carolina, Georgia, and Texas, formed the Confederate States of America.
_5_ Over fifty thousand men were wounded and killed at the Battle of Gettysburg.
_2_ Confederate soldiers fired on Fort Sumter in South Carolina.
Fill in the blanks:
1. _Robert E. Lee_ was the Confederate general who didn’t approve of slavery but refused to fight against his home state of Virginia.
2. _Ulysses S. Grant_ became President Lincoln’s general.
3. President Lincoln’s official announcement that all slaves in the Confederacy would be declared free was known as the _Emancipation Proclamation_.
4. During the Civil War, hundreds of towns and cities were burned and destroyed, including _Richmond, VA and Atlanta, GA_.
5. On April 14, 1865, President Lincoln was assassinated by _John Wilkes Booth_.
6. The years after the Civil War were known as a time of _Reconstruction_.