I’m sorry for the delay on putting these up – I forgot about them. But anyway, here they are, even if they are a little late.
1. To start, list the five classes of vertebrates, and indicate whether they are warmblooded or coldblooded.
Class Warmblooded or Coldblooded
1. Mammals 6. Warmblooded
2. Birds 7. Warmblooded
3. Reptiles 8. Coldblooded
4. Fish 9. Coldblooded
5. Amphibians 10. Coldblooded
2. Fill in the blank: write the correct bird/term for the description.
Ostrich 11. largest bird
Birds of Paradise 12. birds from New Guinea whose beauty few other birds can match
Hornbills 13. birds that wall themselves up in nests
Hummingbird 14. only bird that hovers
Peregrine Falcon 15. bird that has an air diving speed of 220 miles per hour or more
Swim Bladder 16. the organ in a fish that works like an inner tube
Bony 17. the most common group of fish
True/False: write true or false in the blank.
18. True Cartilaginous fish must keep moving in order to stay afloat.
19. True One reason why amphibians are classified in a separate group from fish is that amphibians can live on land during part of their lives and fish cannot.
20. True One reason why birds are classified in a separate group from mammals is that birds have feathers instead of hair.
21. False One reason why amphibians are classified in a separate group from reptiles is that amphibians are coldblooded vertebrates.