These are the answers to the geography quiz on Australia I gave a couple days ago.
Short Answer: Write the correct answer.
- What is Australia’s largest natural lake? Lake Eyre
- What name is Australia often called by? The Land Down Under
- What are the native inhabitants of Australia called? Aborigines
- What 1851 event caused the population of Australia to increase by 200%? The Australian Gold Rush
- What 1,200 mile long reef lies off Australia’s eastern coast? Great Barrier Reef
Matching: Match each description with the correct.
- Capital of New South Wales Sydney
- Australia’s longest permanent river Murray River
- Australian’s highest peak Mt. Kosciusko
- Capital of Tasmania Hobart
- Australia’s largest region Australian Shield
Hope you have enjoyed!